Friday, April 20, 2007

where's the effing title template!?!@?!


First of all, to any blogger who happens to read this post, why the hell can't I have a title for my posts?! I must have screwed up the template somewhere. Please help me out!!

Now, that's out of the way. I think my last couple of posts have had a serious tone to them. My attempt at humour with the Alladin post brought me quite some appreciation from my friends and family. But come to think of it, I am usually a serious guy, and few people would refer to me as 'fun' company. I take sole refuge in Jimmy's statement that I may not exhibit true Arian qualities at first sight, but once I hit it off with people, I tend to exhibit my more 'fun' qualities.

Well, this is probably a pathetic attempt to convince people that I am fun but Jimmy has a point. I am generally a bit reticent (one of the few GRE words I still remember :D ) with people but at least since IIT happened, among my circle of friends, especially Jimmy and the hostel junta, I am quite a... umm... livewire ( ;-) hehe, here I go again!).

Well, anyways, I think Jimmy is mad, at least much madder than me. So, getting back on track, where was the point of this post?
....
.......
..
Phew, about 20 minutes gone since the last word I typed at 4 in the morning and I've realized there was no point to this, just a random rant I started all of a sudden. By the way, those 20 minutes were spent reflecting on how I happened to open this rarely active blog of mine. My thought process went all the way to a couple of nights back as I recalled what brought this latest reflective mood of mine. And most of this time has been confusing, with bits of joy and anger, and the final straw was frustration which I vented considerably on Srujan at 3.30 in the morning. And then I began reflecting on why I lost my cool, as I rarely do.

But in my defence, I lost my cool because I was right to do so. Yeah, it was a silly game and there was no need to get worked up about it, but at least sometimes it's alright to fight for what is right (The 'sometimes' applies to me because I really am not a fighter when it comes to things that I do not believe in even when they are right). And yeah, that's what my defence is going to be if I don't make it into any of the IIMs :D. I did put my best effort in them but it was more for my parents' and friends' sake than mine. I could definitely see the logic behind my parents attempt to convince me into management, and being the only one among friends who put a lot of effort for the exam, I did not want to belittle their dream by not putting in my full effort.

One more advantage of my reflections is that I can make a defence for any situation I am put into. No wonder Srujan got pained when I nearly convinced people that I was not the wolf in the game we were playing since 1 in the night.

Wow, an hour into the post, and I have finally made some semblance of relation between the random rants that I have been typing early in the morning.

Anyways, I've got to cut this post short as Jayant is still awake and finally his 3 month plan of going to the beach for catching the sunrise seems to be happening. So off to catch some waves now.

And mom, if you happen to read this, do not worry, I am already living on California standard time so I'm not going to screw my body a lot. I still think I can manage to convince you that that's where I belong. It is one love that I do not want to let go off :-).

Haha, a very personal article, so readers who do not know me, I hope I have not pained you so much that you won't read the posts below. Adios!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm.. reticent, you are.. interested, I was, to read this post.. found it indeed funny, I did..




wonder, did I.. on what the post was all about.. ranting was all you did..

journal of sorts this was...

keep writing.

:)

Maha said...

Am I qualified to post a comment here? Mom here son.. Meena aunty read this and says I should never have written those articles for you during school days.. you would have done a better job of it...

The Sigh of Providence said...

your mom wrote articles for you, you lazy cow???
and i agree with jim.... the only time i've found you reticent is during REM sleep.... :)

Ilango said...

wow.. things have really changed... i'm finally doing an mba now.. a little bit of fear for the future in the aero field, and more of the desire to give a shot to what very few people get a chance for in their life. So now, I'm finally in IIM Lucknow, and slogging it out. :)